This Frozen Caramel Frappuccino Pie is one of my favorites to make year-round, but especially in the summer! I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico where the desert heat can bear down on you and make you want to hide inside and eat cold treats until the beautiful Fall season arrives. I do really love swimming and sunshine, but there is something about Albuquerque in the Fall that is pretty magical!
I will be sure to do a few posts of the many wondrous Fall events this year, which include the Greek Festival and the world-renown International Balloon Fiesta. We live only about 5 minutes from the Balloon Park, so we are able to stand on our balcony every morning and watch hundreds of balloons fly over us (some have even landed on the roof!)
Ok – back to summer! This pie is refreshing, easy to make and richly delicious. It reminds me of one of my favorite Starbucks drinks – the Caramel Frappuccino (with extra whipped cream, of course!) which I like to pretend isn’t more of a milkshake than a coffee drink.
This dessert is devoured within seconds at every dinner party I host, so this recipe makes two pies to cover the bases! The fun part is that the toppings and crust can be customized to your, or your guests, tastes! Just be sure not to tell your weight-watchers what the ingredients are, or you may end up with leftovers 😉
Ingredients – Makes Two Pies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Tbsp Brewed Coffee (Chilled)
- 2 pre-made graham cracker or Oreo crusts (9 inches each) – I usually buy one of each!
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- Topping Options: Snickers, Twix, Heath Bar, Reese’s, Oreos, chocolate chips, M&M’s, chocolate covered pretzels.
You can replace the pecans and coconut with these alternative toppings if you choose. My favorites are snickers and coconut and M&M’s with the Oreo crust! The fun thing about this pie is that you can make it your way! It’s very similar to ice cream, so add whichever treats you enjoy on your favorite cone!
- In a skillet, melt butter and add coconut and pecans before the butter browns. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8 minutes or until golden brown and toasted; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping with a rubber spatula. Pour in chilled coffee and mix. Pour into graham cracker and/or oreo crusts. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with coconut and pecans or chop alternative toppings into bite-size pieces and place on top of pie.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight or until firm. Makes: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
I hope you enjoy this recipe! What is your favorite summer dessert that helps to beat the heat? Let me know in the comments below!
So Much Love,