I love Salt & Vinegar chips, page-turner novels and binge-watching Netflix with my husband. :) I host The Living Easy Podcast, where I talk about the things that most people don't discuss - with a focus on faith and relationships! Follow along on IG and Pinterest for mom-hacks, recipes & life tips!
As many of you know, we recently moved into our in-law’s basement while we build our new home.
It has been such a sweet season for us to spend this time with our family. The boys love being in the same space as their grandma and grandpa and just a few minutes from so many of their cousins!
My mother-in-law has been kind enough to allow us to make this space our own. From day one, she told us that she wants this to feel like home for us; she also let me know that she liked my style and asked if we would help them design their downstairs space.
And what do you think I said?
We are in the process of choosing paint colors to get rid of these dark brown walls and I seriously can’t wait to show you the before and after photos. Paint alone always makes such a huge difference!
More than anything, though, we are really wanting to get our bedroom to a cozy little space that feels like “home“ to us. We are trying to find a design that will work for us here and can also transition into our new home!
Modsy reached out at the same time as I was choosing paint colors; it was perfect timing! Modsy is an online interior decorating website and I decided to use it for our bedroom. You guys, I was blown away by the photos!
The accuracy of the room dimensions and their ability to put my ideas onto paper is incredible. It’s seriously so much fun and also super helpful for someone who isn’t visual AT ALL (like me) but has an idea of what style they like.
Here’s how the quick and easy Modsy process works:
1. Take Modsy’s fast, free style quiz to try and determine what style is yours. Then share your Pinterest or mood boards to give your designer some ideas of your personal design tastes.
2. Start your project! Do you have a room in desperate need of attention? Choose the room, let Modsy know what your goals are and go from there!
3. Choose your package. There are two options: the $59 and the $149 option. I chose the $149 because it also offers sessions with a dedicated designer by video or phone, a pre-design consultation to discuss the project, live style sessions to make adjustments to your 3D designs and ongoing consultations to review designs and give feedback!
4. Next, you’ll upload the dimensions of the room and at least eight photos of your space. No need to clean or empty it – just make sure to show the flooring and ceiling in all photos!
5. Answer some fun questions! This part got me super excited!
I was able to choose which specific brands I would like to work with, which colors I want/don’t want in the space and any key pieces I hoped to purchase.
6. Submit your information and wait for the design! Prepare to see Modsy create magic and make your home even more beautiful!
Here are the before and after photos for our bedroom design! When I received these photos, I was blown away and so excited to show my husband and mother-in-law.
They did an incredible job combining my styles and navigating through my inspiration pieces. I’m sharing two different designs that they sent over because I’m in love with both.
The first design is what they gathered from my style quiz and mood boards and the last is the final design after my revisions.
(P.S. Use code SPARROWS20 for 20% OFF of of your first Modsy design!)