My husband and I may just be some of the biggest fans of sushi ever. We go almost every weekend – I know, CARBS! – but we love it and can’t get ourselves to stop eating rolls. Green Chile Rolls, Salmon Mania Rolls, Philadelphia Rolls – they’re all just too good to resist! However, during my pregnancy, I chose not to eat sushi. I didn’t want to steal that guilty pleasure from my husband though; let’s be honest, he needed something to keep him going while dealing with a crazy, hormonal wife 😉 So instead of sushi, I would order Chicken Fried rice while gawking over my husband’s salmon sashimi plate.
But over time, I totally fell in love with the chicken fried rice! It’s been more than a year now and I still have an insatiable addiction to it. I decided to start making it at home (my way) for my family. I never knew how easy it really was!
When I say that this Chicken Fried Rice is SO DELICIOUS, I promise I’m not exaggerating. I love that it tastes better than takeout and is just as tasty the next day. My husband is super picky about eating leftovers, but he will eat this for days (although it’s very rare that it lasts us that long!)
I must add that nearly everything that I make has to have a little spice, including my fried rice! If you like to turn up the heat a little bit, use the optional ingredients below. Your tastebuds won’t regret it!
3 Chicken Breasts, Cooked and Chopped
4 Cups Cooked Rice
3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1 Cup Peas, Frozen
1 Cup Carrots, Frozen
1 White Onion, Chopped
1-2 Jalapeños, Diced (Optional)
1 Large Red or Yellow Bellpepper, Chopped (Optional)
1 Tbsp Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Butter
2-3 Eggs, Beaten
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Chili Powder
1/4 c Soy Sauce
1/8 Cup Sriracha (Optional)
1 Green Onion
1. Cook and chop chicken to prepare
2. Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom of skillet. Allow oil to heat for 2 minutes, then add white onion, peas, carrots, jalapeño and bellpepper; sauté until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
3. Once the vegetables are finished, place them in a bowl to the side.
4. Add butter to the skillet. Once melted, add the beaten eggs into the pan, using a spatula to scramble the eggs. Once the eggs are fully cooked, add your vegetables back into the pan.
5. Add the rice and chicken to the vegetable and egg mixture. Sprinkle chili powder and garlic powder.
6. Pour the soy sauce and Sriracha on top. Stir the rice and and fry until heated through and combined.
7. Garnish with chopped green onions and a drizzle of Sriracha.
Do you have a special ingredient that you like to add to your Chicken Fried Rice? Join the conversation in the comments below and let me know what you think of this recipe!
So Much Love,
If you liked this article, make sure to Subscribe Here so that you don’t miss out on my monthly giveaways, occasional newsletter and future posts!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook!
When I read the title I was like oh yes this is a keeper. Will be storing this in my recipe file.
I’m adding this to next weeks meal plan. It’s perfect for leftove rice! Yum!!
I love fried rice and sushi too! lol!! Your recipe looks great!
Yum, this looks like it would fit in with my new low sugar plan that I have subjected myself to. haha…thanks for the meal inspiration. Looks great
Pinning this for later, sounds amazing!
Fried rice. YUM! It’s worth the carbs.