During the holidays, we can get so caught up in the seasonal chaos and our own lives that we forget to keep other people in mind. As a momma, I want to be an example to my son in displaying generosity and thoughtfulness to family, friends, neighbors and strangers, no matter how busy life may get.
I have made a list of my favorite ways to serve. I hope that we can all continue this throughout the year, even after the lights are taken down and the presents are opened.
Here are 20 practical ways to
share joy during the holidays:
1. Deliver your favorite homemade dessert to a neighbor.
2. Offer to babysit! Bless a tired momma with a full day
off or a favorite couple with a date night.
3. Deliver books to your local children’s hospital.
4. Buy groceries at the store for the person in front of you.
5. Volunteer to serve for the day at your local Ronald McDonald house.
6. Deliver or pay for a family’s dinner unexpectedly.
7. Take kind notes and small gift bags to each member of the staff at work.
8. Drop off cookies and a thank you note to a local police or fire station.
9. Buy flowers for a stranger.
10. Hand out hot cocoa and granola bars to the homeless.
11. Pay-it-Forward at a coffee shop and buy coffee for the
person behind you (and maybe add a cake pop or treat!)
12. Call an old friend and remind them
of how much you love them.
13. Compliment five random people.
14. Make treats for your mailman.
15. Buy small toys and give to children at a park.
16. Buy Christmas gifts for a family and drop
them anonymously at their doorstep.
17. Take a cup of coffee to a busy friend at work.
18. Drop off gift cards or coffees for your
favorite leaders at a local church or ministry.
19. Mail a handwritten letter.
20. Run errands for a hard-working friend.
“Let us not grow weary of doing good.” Galatians 6:9
Leave a Reply