This mini cream cheese danish recipe is such an easy (and quick) breakfast or dessert recipe for your family. After making this for the first time, I plan to keep the ingredients on hand from here on out, especially when we have guests over last minute! I know that my friends and family will love them (and yours definitely will too.)
When my sister and I were younger, my dad used to buy braided danishes from the store with a raspberry and cream cheese filling. They are one of my favorite breakfast treats and I still search for them any time I stop at a bakery or travel out of town (they don’t have them at our grocery store anymore, unfortunately!) They elicit a sense of nostalgia, reminding me of my sweet childhood, and they are also the perfect combination (according to me) of a sweet treat: raspberry, cream cheese and a buttery, flaky crust. Yes, please!
So when I had a little pregnancy craving for a danish and couldn’t find a fresh one anywhere, I decided to make my very own — but the quick and easy version. My husband isn’t the biggest fan of the raspberry & cream cheese combo, so I decided to make his with milk chocolate chips. (Next time I will add a chocolate glaze because I think they needed a little something more.) However, the raspberry and cream cheese mini-danishes were absolutely perfect. I devoured two and saved one for breakfast the next day. 😉
For the Danishes:
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
For the Filling:
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Butter
4 Tbsp. White Sugar
2 Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 Cup Raspberry Preserves
Chocolate Chips (to taste)
For the Glaze:
2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Take crescent rolls out of can but do not unroll.
- On a cutting board, use a serrated knife to gently cut into 6 even slices – making a total of 12.
- Use your thumb to push down the center of each danish and spread out the dough. Create a ‘wall’ at the edge of each danish to prevent the filling from spilling out.
- Place dough on greased wax paper on baking sheet and brush each danish with melted butter.
- With electric mixer, cream the white sugar, cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and butter together.
- Fill all 12 danishes with cream cheese filling and add chocolate chips (to taste) to 4 of the danishes.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Pull out danishes and add raspberry preserves to 4 of the plain danishes. Place back in oven for an additional 5 minutes (or until golden brown.)
- Drizzle with glaze and serve warm. Enjoy!
The beauty of these danishes is that they are incredibly versatile; you can add any variety of jam or preserves that you like. You can even use a cherry pie or apple filling. I hope that you enjoy these mini-danishes as much as I do!